Candidates must be 18 years old and hold a high school diploma. Apprenticeships generally last four years, during which time the apprentice learns the repair trade by assisting an elevator service technician
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Connect electrical wiring to control panels and electric motors.
2 )Disassemble defective units, and repair or replace parts such as locks, gears, cables, and electric wiring.
3) Inspect wiring connections, control panel hookups, door installations, and alignments and clearances of cars and hoistways to ensure that equipment will operate properly.
4) Install electrical wires and controls by attaching conduit along shaft walls from floor to floor, then pulling plastic-covered wires through the conduit.
5) Install outer doors and door frames at elevator entrances on each floor of a structure.
6) Locate malfunctions in brakes, motors, switches, and signal and control systems, using test equipment.
7) Maintain log books that detail all repairs and checks performed.
Last Date To Apply : 30-Jul-2020